Sunday, November 17, 2013

Our Pumpkin Discoveries! Twitter:@MrsManningRm18


I hope that you have begun to hear about how wonderful our study of pumpkins has been in our classroom. We have been learning many interesting facts about pumpkins.  The students are excited about the important job they will have at the end of the unit study.  The farmers at Smolak Farms are excited to see what the students will create too.
I hope that you will be able to share in this excitement that is buzzing in our classroom.  I came across an article that gave me the idea to do just that for you through the use of social media.  I have created a Twitter page that will help you to know how our study of pumpkins is going each day.  In the article from the Daily Gleaner ,a young three year old girl that has a twitter account “shares her discoveries and commentary with her followers” (Daily Gleaner).   When I read the article, I was excited to start to see how beneficial the use of Twitter could be to my students and our classroom. I hope to use the site to inform you of what is happening during our study, but I also will be helping to students to share what we are learning with you! 

You can find us @MrsManningRm18
Go to https://twitter.com/ and search @MrsManningRm18
Wait till you find out why pumpkins have ribs!

Three-year-old a member of local twitterati; learning | peter cullen says he's using social media as an  
educational tool. (2013, Jun 13). Daily Gleaner. Retrieved from                                           http://ezproxy.snhu.edu/login?url=http://search.proquest.com/docview/1366783955?accountid=3783

No comments:

Post a Comment